This is such a quick and easy recipe and ideal for a family lunch or dinner served with salad or fries. It’s also delicious served cold so great to put in a lunchbox.
12oz plain flour
4 oz butter
2oz lard or vegetable fat (Trex)
1/4 cup iced water
8 medium freerange eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cream
1 cup grated cheese
Small head brocolli
4oz smoked salmon pieces
- Put flour, butter, lard and salt in a food mixer and mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Slowly add water until a dough is formed.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and roll out to approximate 10-12″ circle.
- Lay pastry into a large quiche dish, trim edges and prick all over with a fork.
- Bake blind in a preheated oven at 180c for 15 minutes.
- Cut broccoli into small florets and steam until al dente (around 5 minutes)
- Whisk together eggs, milk and cream.
- When pastry case is ready, place cooked broccoli, smoked salmon pieces and grated cheese into base and then pour over egg mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and set.